Newsletter Sign Up
Solid Aluminum Rivet Data
APPROXIMATE PRESSURES REQUIRED TO DRIVE ROUND HEADS RIVETS WITH SQUEEZE RIVETER Pressures given are for complete round head rivets as dimensioned.
|Rivet size, inches||Pressure in Tons|
1. Driven immediately after quenching.
Diameter of Rivet Shank Dimensions in Inches
Length of Rivet Shank
- Diameters to 3/4 in. x up to 4 in. long inclusive
- ±1/64 in. Diameters to 3/4 in. in lengths over 4 in.
- ±1/32 in. Diameters over 3/4 in. to 4 in. long ±1/32 in.
- Diameters over 3/4 in. in lengths over 4 in. ±1/16 in.
Height of Head
Plus 8 per cent minus 4 percent of the nominal or basic head height, but in no case less that ±0.005 in.
Note: Not responsible for errors in data tables. Please check with our sales department to confirm specs.
Out-of-Roundness of Head and Eccentricity of Head in Relation to Shank
|Nominal Head Diameter||Total dial indicator reading resulting from eccentricity and out-of-roundess not to exceed.|
|Up to 1/4||0.015|
|over 1/4 to 3/8||0.020|
Diameter of Rivet Head
Because the heads of these rivets are not machined or trimmed, the circumference may be irregular and the edges rounded or flat. The diameter of the rivet head shall be within -8 per cent and + 4 per cent of the nominal head diameter.